Must Watch: the Black Experience in the German Music Industry
As part of Black History Month, a panel took place on Feb. 22, 2022, where Oyèmi Noize (solo artist, Jaguwar, Decolonoize) and Misla Tesfamariam (IMNI Studio, artist manager of Alli Neumann), among others, spoke about their experiences as Black people in the music industry. Anna Dushime (editorial director, journalist, author, and more) was the moderator.
Translated text by Sony Music Germany:
In celebration of Black History Month, HUE GSA is hosting a discussion about the Black experience in the German music industry. The goal is to raise awareness about the perspective of Black musicians and executives and the challenges faced when you’re successful in the music business. With foreword by CEO Patrick Mushatsi-Kareba, moderation by Anna Dushime, and panelists Kelvin Jones, Misla Tesfamariam, Jean-Sebastien “Seb” Permal, Oyèmi Hessou, and Muna AnNisa Aikins.
Follow for more information:
- Patrick Mushatsi-Kareba: https://www.instagram.com/pmk069
- Anna Dushime: https://www.instagram.com/dushime
- Kelvin Jones: https://www.instagram.com/kelvinjones
- Misla Tesfamariam: https://www.instagram.com/mislat
- Jean-Sebastien “Seb” Permal: https://www.instagram.com/jeansebasti…
- Oyèmi Hessou: https://www.instagram.com/oyeminoize
- Muna AnNisa Aikins: https://www.instagram.com/munaaikins
Image by Sony Music Germany